So, you have a closet that could use a bit of a sprucing up – maybe there’s too much clutter, maybe things aren’t properly organized, maybe you just need a change of scenery – but you’re not sure where to start. Here are some tips and tricks to organize your space:
- Prune down your clothing collection. If you haven’t worn it in more than 6 months, give it to charity or sell it on eBay.
- Ditch the closet doors, and add gorgeous curtains instead. That will keep the space open and airy.
- Do you have more room in your bedroom than you know what to do with? Consider adding an additional clothing bar in that space to accommodate (yet another) Little Black Dress.
- For a child’s room that has a loft bed, consider converting the loft space to a mini-walk-in closet. Fun, and unique, this also makes the most of precious space!
- Larger closets can benefit from the use of track lighting – this makes the contents of the space easier to see.
- If you have some closet drawers that need organizing, consider the use of old shoe boxes.
- Having one long rod that goes across the length of the closet does nothing to optimize the space. Consider “staggering” your rods with various heights, lengths, and widths to accommodate a series of different sizes, and styles, of clothing.
- “Dead space” is only as dead as you make it. Install a few shelves, hang a few rods, et voila!
- If your special guy has one too many ties, nail the tie rack to the wall and hang the ties accordingly. This will free up some needed space on the rod.