If you have questions about your flooring installation, we are here to answer them. Please read though this guide before the installation. If you still have questions, be sure to ask us!
- Warranties: Please be sure to ask any questions regarding the products, warranty, and returns before placing your order and beginning the installation process.
- Dust: Yes, there will be dust! If we are replacing existing flooring in your home or business, you should expect that it will get messy.
- We suggest covering, removing or cleaning out areas and items that are of value to you. If you would like us to assist you with covering these areas, please let us know ahead of time so that we can buy the necessary supplies. This service is an additional charge so be sure to ask for our pricing in advance.
- Prior to our arrival, turn off your heater or AC system to prevent any dust being collected in the vents.
- Safety: Make arrangements for pets and children to be out of the area. There will be lots of tools and building materials around as we complete the installation. The last thing that we would want is for either your beloved pet or children to be injured
- Product Delivery: If we are installing wood floors, expect product delivery on site one to two days prior to installation. This allows the wood to acclimate to the environment as needed for proper installation. Please have a space available where the wood can be stored until work begins.
- Move Furniture: Prior to the installation day, be sure all furniture is moved from the rooms in which we will be working. If you need help, contact us. We offer furniture moving services so you don’t have to lift a finger! Furniture moving services must be pre-arranged and are billed in addition to your flooring costs.
- Floor Prep: If you have had any water or moisture damage. we need to know this immediately. If we are not made aware of such issues, we cannot prevent future issues regarding any moisture and both the manufacturer and the installation warranties are voided. This is VERY important!
- Note that the price for floor prep is determined only after we remove your existing floors and assess your floor’s prep needs. Some projects need very little prep while others need more. We use only what is needed and add that cost to your final invoice.
- Investing in floor prep before installing new floors is significantly cheaper than paying to mitigate moisture damage, and redo your flooring later. We do not want to increase the price of your installation by any means, but we do want your floors to be even and look perfect.