If you've been in a home for any period of time, you know that one of the most common problems is clutter. Be it for an increase in family size, laziness, or lack of time to declutter, cluttering is a common problem in American homes today. Here, then, is our list of tips and tricks to reduce the clutter in your home!
- If you have a central vacuum system (HVAC), mount an "instant dustpan" at your baseboards. This will make your dusting, and sweeping, job that much easier!
- A new trend in outlets is a "multi-faced" pop-up outlet. This outlet can be plugged into any standard two-pronged outlet, creates a slick look, and reduces the clutter of excessive wires.
- For a small investment, create a so-called "docking drawer," where you can charge all of your electronics without taking up valuable space on your countertops.
- Bluetooth-enabled speakers are quickly becoming a go-to audio trend. Reduce the clutter of excessively large speakers by deploying these sleek alternatives!
- Insert a "lift" inside your kitchen countertops to hide a television when you're done watching it.
- To that end, as well, do the same for all small appliances in the kitchen. The trick is to only leave appliances out that you are using at that moment -- anything more, and it's nothing but clutter.
- Place your microwave, not on your counter, but behind a built-in cabinet that hides the microwave (especially if it's older than a few years).